On 06/07/2014 03:24 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I keep telling myself he isn't ready for me yet.

One of my aunts had stroke that knocked her flat out on the kitchen
floor, but she thought "Oh, no, you don't!" Dragged herself over to the
table, pulled the tablecloth off to get her phone, dialed 911, and
yakked with the EMTs all the way to the hospital.

Some years earlier, she insisted on *watching* while they carved a huge
tumor out of her belly; evidently, they couldn't use general anethesia
for some good reason. She's always been about the size of a sparrow, but
losing 10% of her body weight didn't slow her down at all.

As for you: every morning, the Devil wakes up, checks his status board,
and says "Whew, Gene's still alive!"

Now, get back to making chips...

--
Ed