On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Friday 01 May 2015 15:08:45 Mark Wendt wrote:
> > On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Our bullfrogs here in MD are bowled over pretty easily too.  ;-)
> >
> I am glad you said that.  If I had, there would have been a contract out
> on me.

ROFL!

> [...]
>
> > I'm kinda partial to the Tek 7000 mainframe series.  There are tons of
> > plugins besides the horizontal and vertical amps from counters, to
> > curve tracers to spectrum analyzers to you name it.
>
> Yeah, but you can't put it, a probe, and a usb cable to charge it with,
> along with the DSO-1, in your polo shirt pocket. ;-)

True dat.  But your DSO-1, usb cable and probe can't do waveform
calculations, curve tracing, spectrum analyzing or have up to 1 GHz
bandwidth...  ;-)

The 7000 series are lab scopes, that's for sure.  But they sure are fun to
work with, and for some things, pretty much essential.  Besides, if you
have enough of 'em, stick one permanently in the shop. Nobody sez ya gotta
stop at just one!  ;-)

That being said, the 2000 series also make some pretty nice shop scopes,
and are pretty portable, though not pocket protector-sized.

> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers,
mark