On 4 May 2015 at 15:06, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> I have now tried all the tricks to get the grub menu that have been
> mentioned here, including holding down the right shift key while booting
> from the original install cd for the ubu 10.04-4 LTS version.

I just restarted my Live-CD installed 10.04 VM with the _left_ shift
key held down and it went straight into the Grub menu.

It is possible that your keyboard is USB and not recognised early
enough in the boot sequence, but it is probably worth trying again.
This was a normal restart from the GUI, booting from the normal
installed OS, not messing about with Grub configuration, CD-booting or
anything along those lines.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.