On Wednesday 06 May 2015 11:00:27 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 May 2015 10:17:58 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 May 2015 09:52:48 Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> On further checking, and I've no clue why its working on the milling
> machines install, and not on the lathe machines install.  Same install
> cd in both cases.
>
> The file 07_rtai is present in /etc/grub.d on both machines,
>
> But running sudo update-grub does NOT insert the isocpus=1 option on
> the kernel (vmlinuz) command line on the lathe, while it works
> normally on the mill, both installed from the same cd, and both
> regularly updated by update-manager.
>
> So I have added it manually to /boot/grub/grub.cfg on the normal,
> default=0 entry.

I did that only to the normal boot, not to the recovery entry.  And now
the drive refuses to e2fsck at either the default superblock or the
suggested -b 8193 option e2fsck suggests.

So, on a fairly new toshiba drive, what would be a good superblock
address?

Better yet, pull the latest binary.hybrid.iso, and I just went to the
toshiba-america site only to be told that the drive model I entered was
not a drive ever sold to the US or latin america market.

IOW, no firmware updates or warranty. So I have $140 worth of junk, its a
2Tb drive.  Eardrum pressure is rising, its 2 months old, says it was
made in 2013.

So what SSD are you folks using and what filesystem so it doesn't
self-destruct with the ext housekeeping?

In the meantime I'm going to see if gparted can do anything with this
piece of shit.