On 5/7/2015 3:31 PM, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I built some pretty large gluing press for a customer.
> Here are 2 pics of it during the build.
> Here is the whole rotating platform (5m long, 1,6m wide):
> http://picpaste.com/IMG_20150403_140923-6uIvoq8i.jpg
> Here is some material loaded in it:
> http://picpaste.com/IMG_20150324_185227-meOk5ilU.jpg
>
> It can glue together wood plates of size up to 5000x1200x60 mm (max
> weight can reach 200+ kg, depending on particular wood used). The
> thing is that those plates need to be sanded from both sides to get
> smooth surface, but sanding machines process only one side (usually
> top surface) so customer needs a device that would swap them over
> between the operations.
> Can anyone share some pics or suggestions on what would best practice
> to do so? I believe that somebody somewhere already must have faced
> this kind of issue. I am not sure that my current ideas about
> cylindrical structure, which has an opening at one end to move the
> plate in and out is the best solution for this task.
> Any viable suggestions will be appreciated :)

Put that pivoting glue up fixture at the end of a roller conveyor to the
sanding machine. Out of the glue up, through the sander. Raise the
sander head so the plate can be pushed back through it into the glue up
where it's flipped over then pushed back onto the roller conveyor.

If the glue up rig has to be modified to enable it to flip 360 degrees,
that would be easier to do and use less room than a dedicated flipper.

Alternately, you could build a flipper in the middle of the roller
conveyor and still pass it back through the sanding machine to be flipped.

---