On Monday 13 July 2015 10:11:40 andy pugh wrote:
> On 13 July 2015 at 10:29, Marcus Bowman
> <marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > When I load the program, LinuxCNC gets stuck in an endless attempt
> > to resolve the loop references.
> >
> > Is there a simple way to halt this?
>
> if you are stuck in the preview in Axis then "Esc" seems to work for
> me. I think "Ctrl-C" does too, but the Vandal-proof keyboard I use on
> the lathe has no "Ctrl" key.
> Yes,  that is quite inconvenient.

I am not worried about vandals in my shop, but swarf is a major PITA, and
the only keyboard I have found to be useful in that dirty environment is
the logitech K360, which has keytops with vertical sides.  All other
keyboards have the tapered sides because some &%$#@()^ genius thinks
thats cute, but all it serves to do is get a piece of swarf stuck in the
wedge, holding the key down.  And thats a machinery and cutting tool
wrecking occurance.