On Monday 13 July 2015 12:37:05 Bruce Layne wrote:
> On 07/13/2015 10:27 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I am not worried about vandals in my shop, but swarf is a major
> > PITA, and the only keyboard I have found to be useful in that dirty
> > environment is the logitech K360, which has keytops with vertical
> > sides.
>
> I use Logitech K400 wireless keyboards with silicone overlays.  They
> aren't coolant proof (at least not flood coolant) but they're swarf
> proof and very convenient.  I use them as keyboards for entering and
> editing G code, but this keyboard is small enough to also use as a
> wireless jog pendant at the machine, and the wireless communications
> seem robust and reliable even in an electrically noisy environment.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Multi-Touch-Touchpad/
>dp/B005DKZTMG
>
> http://www.amazon.com/silicone-keyboard-Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/
>B00DE7SHII

The silicon overlay's are not stocked locally except for Apple Macs, as
in within 50 miles, and when ordering off the net, you've no faith that
the overlay they ship actually fits the keyboard in the same order.  I
haven't done that in a while, perhaps a decade+, but they (Newegg IIRC)
shipped a 105 key overlay, and a 115 key keyboard.