On Friday 30 October 2015 10:20:26 John Kasunich wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015, at 09:13 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 October 2015 11:28:30 Bruce Layne wrote:
> > > I found them for you.  :-)  $16 each in quantities of ten on the
> > > slow boat.  Maybe less if you search longer than the minute I
> > > spent.
> > >
> > > www.ebay.com/itm/161733955633
> >
> > Nice, and the price is quite decent, but shipping at $60 is
> > apparently his profit margin. If you listen carefully you can hear
> > the gears going around in my card case. And the dice rolling in the
> > background. :)  Now to find some ER-20 collets at a decent price.
>
> The "profit in the shipping" thing is just a game.  Add up the total
> cost, divide by the number of tool-holders, and they are $16 each.
> That's either a good price or it isn't.

It is, compared to the Tormach version at 2x that.

> In the case of this particular seller, you get your $60 worth.  I
> bought the exact same article from the same seller.  He shipped them
> DHL and they arrived from across the ocean in 3 days.  Complete with a
> phone call the day before they arrived to tell me that a signature was
> required and how I could manage that if I wasn't going to be home.
> Impressive service, much better than the usual from UPS or FedEx.

The fleabay adv doesn't say a thing about that fast a delivery, just
vague promises of sometime in the 2nd or 3rd week of November.  I'll get
the collets from LMS on super Tuesday if history is any indicator.  Next
week for these would sure be the icing on the cake. And worth the $60
bucks. ;-)