I have plasma machine with a X axis of 3000mm but I need to cut pipes of
6000mm long. I have another 3000mm axis that can be fitted to the end of
the table to make a  6000mm travel. The only this is that the axis is
split in two. In other words I will have to have a motor to travel the
table length and another motor to bring the head up from the end of the
extension.
The question is now is it possible to make the two motors behave a one
long axis with some handover in the middle?
Is this even possible and has anyone attempted this kind of silly
arrangement?

What say ye?