After sleeping on this for a bit my question is if I change the 220v to
two hots and a neutral then string a ground wire across the floor (for
testing) and wire the left cabinet to split out one phase and a neutral
to run the 120v part do you think this would be worth the effort to try
out? I'd rather try an experiment like that prior to trying to walk
across my attic to string a ground to the 220v outlet. I have 12" of
insulation  on top of 3.5" so walking is very difficult... actually
finding a place to step is rather fun.

JT