On 12/27/2015 12:51 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> There is no neutral in the machine, only L1 L2 and GND. The Neutral for
> the house is bonded to ground at the panels. I'm getting 120v from the
> step down transformer for the machine.

Alrighty... I think I now understand how it is connected. Took me a
while ;-)

Basically, the 120V side after the local transformer is completely
local. So, as long as you do not run the cables from the 120V side in
the same bundle as the 240V side, you should be good (preventing
capacitive and inductive coupling).

The 120V side should be able to do without a filter if you only have
monitor and computer on there with some "insignificant" other stuff.
However, if you have other motor-controls on there, then you may have
some HF injection that you want to dampen and the filter will do just that.

With the context provided and reevaluating your drawing would suggest
that you will be fine.

Make sure that you do not introduce loops with the other
control-electronics (what you have on panel 2). Or you are in the same
boat again...

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)