Marius if you will get the wiring schematic this will be sure a big help to
understand how to approach the retrofit in the right way.
The cabinet is in any case in a good shape and very well integrated from
the original manufacturer.
Check out as much as possible what there are as "options" on the machine
and the CNC functions as well.
The analog command to the drives maybe is 9V==max speed in order to get 1V
for the extra speed/position loop correction. You can check it out in some
way.
If there is a probe for the tool setting or for the piece setting check it
out witch type it is and how it is connected to the fast I/O system of the
actual CNC.
Have fun with this potential retrofit.