Seems that's a fault of the graphics drivers and their implementation.  The
whole point of an RTOS is that tasks can run at priorities that serve their
needs.  How would placing the video at a higher priority be any different
than an non-real time system that allows the video to run to completion.

Is the problem so simple that the RTOS system clock isn't allowed to
interrupt the video even if it's just long enough to allow the video driver
to continue to run at an elevated priority?  I can see that with older video
hardware from the early 90's but surely things are different now?

John