On Saturday 19 March 2016 13:08:43 bari wrote:

> All of memleak's work on RTAI the past few years (which is now RTAI 5
> without a single credit) was done on AMD hardware made in the past 7
> years.

No credits?  'Scuse me but thats not excusable, PM needs to understand
TANSTAAFL.

> Every bit of AMD silicon we touched ran under 25uS on the latency
> test. Just for fun we had a few tweaked <4uS max jitter.

This is not an rtai kernel, but 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64.

latencytest is running here right now, and while the 25 u-s loop last
interval displayed is consistently in the 600ns area, the Max Jitter is
horrible at 10050977, and Max Interval of 10075977 which is reason
enough I'd never in my right mind ever attempt to drive machinery with
it without a 5i25 or better card doing the stepper generation, even then
100 milliseconds of lag would trigger the cards WDT,  and quite
justifiably so.

> IME can't be turned off since for security reasons. Security from you.

Gee, thanks intel.  I love you too...