On Sunday 03 April 2016 15:07:59 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> ISO7421

Now thats sweet, and a heck of a lot better thought out than the last
such chip I looked at a decade ago.  Needs a 4 wire cable from each
direction, but I don't see as that as a problem other than stealing the
ground and  3.3 or 5 volts to run its side of it at both ends.

That should indeed sove the noise problem.  The pcb requires a slightly
different layout of putting the power on the center layers, so the best
bet is to look around and see if someone might have it all boxed up and
ready to connect.

Were you able to find such a ready-made critter?  If so where?

Thanks Nicklas.

In the FWIW dept, I looked at the serial interface data for that VFD I
bought, and IF the interface is present, its RS232. It runs at 9600
baud, expects a 9 byte packet control packet, and sends back a 13 byte
status packet, with a couple tables to show what byte means what.  Not
exactly real time, but hey, its a spindle motor.  But I don't believe
that little postage stamp sized card is in this one.