On Monday 04 April 2016 01:52:42 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> > > No I made my own circuit board, two layer. SO footprint should not
> > > be to hard to solder there are small prototype boards or similar
> > > on Farnell.
> > >
> > > http://se.farnell.com/roth-elektronik/re932-01/pcb-adaptor-smd-so-
> > >8-20 -5mmx8mm/dp/1426169
> > > http://se.farnell.com/roth-elektronik/re932-03/adaptor-smd-so-14-1
> > >-27m m/dp/1426171
> > > http://se.farnell.com/roth-elektronik/re932-02/adaptor-smd-so-8w-1
> > >-27m m/dp/1426170
> > > http://se.farnell.com/roth-elektronik/re932-01st/multi-adapter-11-
> > >5x16 mm-soic-8/dp/2292022
> > >
> > > I do not have time to check if footprint is correct.
> >
> > Immaterial as you wouls wire to suit, but all of them are missing a
> > place to put the recommended supply rail bypassing. And extra plated
> > thru-hole in each runner to the terminal would be nice.
> >
> > But who is Farnell on this "west side" of the pond?  Or are they
> > even affiliated with anybody in the US?
>
> Maybe it is newark http://www.newark.com/ otherwise I think digikey
> may be closer to you.

Maybe. OTOH, I can probably knock up something in eagle or geda/pcb, and
carve it on my machine by the time UPS could make a drop here.  Those
pictured boards Farnell shows me are quite simple, and adding another
thru-hole for the supply bypassing those chips ought to have would be
easy enough.  If I have a problem I might consider it, but this VFD is
RS-232, if that option is plugged in. I didn't find it when I had it
apart  OTOH, somebody, Mesa or Pico, maybe PMDX really ought to knock up
something like that so we'd have a ready-made plug-n-play solution we
could buy at a reasonable price.

Potential product suggestion guys.