It's a direct dd copy of the drive.  If that wasn't complete, a lot more would
be broken.

I would not dismantle the (mostly) working system like that.  There's a risk of
something getting stored wrong on the working drive while it's on the new
machine, and I don't see anything to prove by moving it.

99.9% sure it's just something different about the ethernet driver on the new
motherboard.  Something small.  No idea how to fix it, though.

It is an AMD64 though, and the installation was an i686.

Danny