Gregg,
the EBZ group  is a fairly large german tool company, situated in
southern germany, with factories in Hungary, India, China and the US.
900 employees, 250 MEUR per year. They make very special machinery for
car body building, i.e. robots. They have a US branch:

EBZ SysTec Inc.

22251 Diesel Drive
McCalla, AL 35111
USA

PO Box 160

Tel          +1 (0)205 203-9986
Fax         +1 (0)205 533-7031

E-Mail info(at)ebzusa.com
<javascript:linkTo_UnCryptMailto('ocknvq,kphqBgdbwuc0eqo');>
Internet www.ebz-group.com <http://www.ebz-group.com/>

especially: http://www.ebz-group.com/de/main/ebz-gruppe.html

There are no publications about their individual products, probably
because they are working mostly on secret customer specific projects.
But I doubt that simple parts like your motors are made by one of their
factories, those are parts that companies like them buy on the market
and stick their label on them.

Try your luck.

Peter

Am 14.07.2016 02:46, schrieb Gregg Eshelman:
> Looking at a small 3-axis CNC unit from 1995. All gold/orange anodized
> aluminum bridge style frame with the spindle moving in X and Z on it while
> the table on the bed moves in Y.
> The label says it's a Kaba-Keycut, date is from 1995. Has a funky lever
> action vise with special jaws and a V pointed bit in an ER-16 collet, though
> with a very slim nut that would take a special wrench instead of the common
> hex nut.
>
> I find nothing whatsoever about key cutting or CNC equipment with the current
> company named EBZ Engineering, though it is still in Germany. (The motors
> have German names etc on them.)
>
> Now for the kicker. The only interface connection on it is a DA-15 female
> plug, same as on old PC gameports and Mac monitor ports. I opened up the
> electronics box and there's zip, zero, nada, no marking of any sort on the
> PCB.
> My assumption is that port has RS232 communication plus some sort of feedback
> lines. There's a tiny button on one of the clamps holding the vise, with a
> wire going off to somewhere, and there's probe mounted under the head to the
> rear of the spindle. Assumption, those are for Z-zero setting.
> Alternatively, all the required step, direction, enable etc signals for a 3
> axis stepper motor mill can fit onto only 14 pins. There's no separate
> spindle power switch or speed knob on it so that also must be controlled via
> the 15 pin connector.
> How might I go about figuring out the pinout on this? If that can't be done
> and no 1995 vintage manual can be turned up, then the only option would be to
> toss the existing electronics and fill the box with new. Without the
> specialized vise, or with different jaws, it could be useful for milling
> small and intricate things. Looks to have working volume around 2x2x2".

---