On 08/12/2016 09:14 AM, Rene Hopf wrote:
> - The IR does not have modulation, so you cannot use tsop type receiver.
> - the signal is fast, you need a photodiode and TIA with a bandwidth of at
> least 300khz
That should be fairly easy.
> The most difficult part is figuring out how to turn the probe on.
Seems the Blum has an on/off switch on the side.
> Then you have to build a TIA which reliably decodes the signal.
> Figuring out which bits are for probe and battery is relatively easy.

I'm hoping Blum's scheme is simpler, the TC50 is the oldest
of their touch probe line.

And, it has red LEDs on the probe that flash when the probe
is deflected, so I could always tap into that if the IR
scheme is too complicated.

Thanks very much,

Jon