Agree that LinuxCNC is fantastic.

What gets me is the number of Mach3 users - why don't they switch? Is it
that they are (essentially) computer illiterate, and know only Windows
(barely), or is it just momentum in the home hobbyist field??

(I'm lucky in that I was "into" wire-wrapping computers as a teenager (RCA
1802, Intel 8085...) but I do understand that many of my age group have a
different relationship with computers, so when I ask the first question,
above, it's not meant as a slight against them - it's just - how do we get
more people to use and improve LinuxCNC?)