Greetings all;

I gave up on trying to just copy my TLM's config over to the Sheldons
computer, mainly because I've not yet installed home switches and such.

But I need to be able to exercise this BoB, and find all my signals if I
can. Something I haven't had a lot of luck finding because mach uses
totally different parport pin assignments.  But the board still has 17
available pins, 11 outs and 5 in's, so I figure if I tickle it and watch
with a scope, I ought to be able to find them, right?

So I fired up pncconf and built me a bare bones config based on metric
measurements. It has one pwmgen for feeding the vfd. Only one direction
ATM, but I can sort that by grabbing pin 17 at some point. NBD to me.

However, when I attempt to run this config, I get konsole messages:
=====================================
check_config: ERROR
  (Using identity kinematics: trivkins)
  [JOINT_1]MIN_LIMIT > [AXIS_Z]MIN_LIMIT (-200.0 > -1e99)
  [JOINT_1]MAX_LIMIT < [AXIS_Z]MAX_LIMIT (800.0 < 1e99)

check_config validation failed
LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the
log:
    /home/gene/linuxcnc_debug.txt (its empty)
and
    /home/gene/linuxcnc_print.txt (the usual blather that is zero info)
So I fired up geany and added what I think are sane limits in both
axis's, and theres an entry in each axis AND each joint (seems one ought
to sufficient, and I suppose once I check the syntax, and add it to this
hal file, the other copy can be removed).

Zero difference.

Fire up geany to look at the syntax used to bring that data into hal.

No such critter, totally missing from the pncconf generated hal file.  So
hal presumes everything is -1e99 from the message above.

I think this is a pncconf bug. Can we call the Orkin Man? :-)