      From: hubert <>
 Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:57 PM
 Subject: [Emc-users] Using CNC mill to hack a gantry Crane
I am wanting to cut down a 1000lb rated gantry crane to a size that will
fit my Shop.  This crane is made from 2" rectangular tubing.  I will do
the initial cutting with a Harbor Freight band saw, but I can't count on
it giving true 90 degree cuts.  My thoughts are to true the cut surface
with my mill.  I will also be cutting off the flange that will be welded
back on the tubing.  My thoughts were to use the mill true the surface
of the flange.
    My questions are related to the welds that I am trimming off. Will
they cause problems for the mill?  Is it better to use High steel or
engaging tech sites,!