On 2/2/2017 9:13 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> I also have an Automation Direct GS2 on my BP knee mill and rigid tap
> with it (need the braking resistor).
>
> JT
John,

That is an interesting point. I am getting ready to add gear tooth
sensors on the bull gear so I can rigid tap. I don't have a braking
resistor on my drive. Currently the mechanical spindle brake engages
when the spindle stops via a pneumatic cylinder. To be honest I am not
sure if it would engage during a spindle reversal as I don't do that
currently. It probably would not. Does the rigid tapping cycle stop the
spindle or does it do a reversal without stopping? M3 M5 M4 M5 or M3 M4 M5?

I figured that the drag from tapping would stop the spindle pretty
quickly without the resistor. I would like to hear more about your
experience with this situation.

Thanks,

Jim