On Monday 27 February 2017 09:40:51 andy pugh wrote:

> On 27 February 2017 at 14:08, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > And on this machine running a sim;
> > 2.7.8-49-g5ce3159
>
> There you are, your sim config is running 2.7

And, I just checked, formatted the .list file entry according to the
wheezy entries at http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ and there is not an
entry in the repos to match a wheezy i386 install, which this is because
yonks ago, when I installed wheezy, lcnc didn't run on 64 bit installs,
so I've been running an i386 install, with whichever kernel had an
actually works PAE, without which I'm a gigabyte into swap in just a few
hours.  The error message from apt-get update is:

W: Failed to fetch http://linuxcnc.org/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable to
find expected entry '2.7-rtpreempt/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file
(Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)