If you are buying a new robot then you won't need or want to use LCNC to
control it.   There is a big difference in robot controls.   Look carefully.

As mentioned most robot companies will do a simulation for you and make
recommendations.   If this is for a production machine you need to
consider service.     We had a brand new Yaskawa robot die after being
powered up for about 30 days.   The CPU board died. The customer was
onsite when it died as we were doing the run off.   Within 5 hours we
had a Yaskawa tech onsite and he swapped some boards and the robot was
back up and running within 6 hours of our call.

Not everyone can provide that level of service.

You may be able to do all of this with a simple and relatively cheap
gantry cartesian robot/pick and place.   Buying a 6 axis robot to do
what you want may be an overkill, especially if the parts are already
orientated in an indexable carousel.

Look at lathe part loaders etc.   You typically do not need a 6 axis
robot for that kind of thing.   That is pick and place territory.  You
may be able to do everything with pneumatic cylinders and actuators.
Much cheaper than a 6 axis robot. Check out Festo and SMC for
actuators.  PHD makes some nice grippers.

However if you are going to run different parts then a 6 axis robot
might make more sense.   Load a different program, or re teach it,
change grippers and go.

Dave