On 22 March 2017 at 02:55, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I missed the beginning of this thread.  But the thing used to cut square
> internal corners is a "broach".

Yes, I know. And I have both used and made them in the past.
http://bodgesoc.blogspot.de/2014/11/the-last-bits-and-pieces.html
But this is a short, blind hole.

I am pretty sure that a wobble-broach would have worked well, but at
£8 + VAT + delivery I decided that I couldn't be bothered to make the
parts.
(Especially as the cam profile appears to be non-circular but not
defined by the standard)

I have attached the relevant page, but I would be surprised if it gets
through the mailing list software.

--
atp
lunatics."