On 3/23/17 2:09 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 23 March 2017 at 18:15, hubert <h...@hbahr.org> wrote:
>> SkyFire the builder of my mill offers a complete
>> ready to hook to my Mesa 7I86 8" Harmonic Drive for about $2000.  It
>> isn't my dream solution, but doesn't break my bank either.
> Looking at the spec and the screws holding the rotary table on, it
> might be a very similar drive internally.
>
> But being stepper-driven I assume not exactly the same.

I found this
http://harmonicdrive.de/mage/media/catalog/category/1018853_FHA_C_en.pdf
reference on harmonic drives
and noticed the 25 or 32 etc in the model number seemed to reflect
approximately the internal bore of the hollow shaft.  I have some desire
to be able to move things from my lathe to the Mill and since the lathe
spindle bore is 40MM it sounds like a choice of 40 would be practical.
 From the dimensions in the above catalog seem to still fit within a
250MM swing or in my case 10"(254mm).

Is this above catalog representative of the offerings on ebay?