I am looking for recommendations and/or advice for driving a
Harmonic-drive-systems FHA-40C-100-E250 Actuator that I will be using as
part of the 4th AXIS on my Mill.  The motor appears to be about a 1KW
unit with max RPM of 3000 and has an encoder that provides 2500 pulses
per revolution.  Harmonic-drive-systems manuals do not give instructions
on how to set their drivers for the specific Actuator but say use one
that is preset for that actuator. Furthermore the Driver technology
looks a couple of decades old since the support software was written for
Windows 98, ME or NT. They do have the more modern REL driver, but I
have been unable to find the cost for it.

One drive I am considering is the SureServo SVA-2100.  The quoted price
new with 2 Year warranty is very close to or lower than the prices
listed for used HA-655-4-200 recommended in the Actuator manual.

I do have a spare 750W driver that came with my spare Mill servo, that I
plan on using to test function.

I prefer to use step and direction to feed the driver, and would rather
buy than build.

Hubert