Never ground a shield at both ends.  If you do current can flow in the
shield.

Also every conductor that does cary current should have a conductors that
caries the opposite current  very close and running in parallel, preferably
the two are twisted together.   So, the power supply's return is paired
with the positive conductor.   Same for power leads going to motors and
ideally even signal lines are all paired (use differential signaling.)
 Ideally, these would all be inside their own shields and al the shields
would be ground at the same end at one place.

Yes, it is hard to follow these rules 100%   Some time positive and
negative terminals are separated by to much distance.  But try to do as
much as you can.

One fact to keep in mind, A twisted pair, where conductors cary opposing
current, even if the current is large produce in effect no electric field 8
wires diameters away.   The field self-cancels that quickly.  Twisting is
very effective.

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 12:01 AM, linden <l...@island.net> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Should I ground both ends of the shield for shielded pair? I am not sure
> what the best practice is see pdf attached for what I have now in black and
> the chunk in red I am not sure about.
>
> --

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California