On Friday 19 May 2017 01:28:09 Chris Albertson wrote:

> Looks good. I read the list of features and so on.  Pulled current
> version from GitHub and now I am trying to make it run.
>
> Seems the installer missed some stuff .  I get this when I run pycam:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/pycam", line 4, in <module>
>     __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('pycam==0.6.2.dev0',
> 'pycam') File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
> 719, in run_script
>     self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py",
> line 1511, in run_script
>     exec(script_code, namespace, namespace)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pycam-0.6.2.dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG
>-INFO/scripts/pycam", line 53, in <module>
>
> ImportError: No module named Exporters.GCodeExporter

I don't have that module either, but it does run, logging this in the
terminal screen I ran it from:

gene@coyote:~/bin/pycam-master$ scripts/pycam
Enabled 4 parallel local processes
Skipping
plugin /home/gene/bin/pycam-master/pycam/Plugins/PathParameters.py
(broken or dependencies missing)
*** skipped 2 similar message(s) ***
Font directory: /home/gene/bin/pycam-master/share/fonts
Imported STL model: 0 vertices, 0 edges, 1444 triangles

And the control screens path generation options are all greyed out.

It does display the "PYCAM" nameplate, but its a poorer visual than I
recall from it a decade  back.  IIRC I had something called pycam I'd
pulled in back when I was running ubuntu-6-4 lts.