Da: Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
Inviato: venerdì 19 maggio 2017 07.28
A: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Oggetto: Re: [Emc-users] Best cam linux/open for additive manufactory

Looks good. I read the list of features and so on.  Pulled current version
from GitHub and now I am trying to make it run.

Seems the installer missed some stuff .  I get this when I run pycam:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pycam", line 4, in <module>
    __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('pycam==0.6.2.dev0', 'pycam')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
719, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line
1511, in run_script
    exec(script_code, namespace, namespace)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pycam-0.6.2.dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/pycam",
line 53, in <module>

ImportError: No module named Exporters.GCodeExporter

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com>
wrote:

> On 05/18/2017 05:27 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> > So yes, I really would like to see a linux based end to end CAD/AM
> > workflow.   It appears the one just barely exists for 3D printing.  There
> > are 3D modelers and drafting tools (Blender and FreeCAD) but the missing
> > link is g-code generation to drive 3D metal cutting tools.
>
> Give PyCAM a try:  https://github.com/sebkuzminsky/pycam
[https://avatars0.githubusercontent.com/u/400548?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/sebkuzminsky/pycam>

GitHub - SebKuzminsky/pycam<https://github.com/sebkuzminsky/pycam>
github.com
Contribute to pycam development by creating an account on GitHub.

> It does 2d and 3d path generation, it's entirely open source, it runs on
> Linux and plays well with LinuxCNC.
>
> Here's a 2d example:
>
> http://highlab.com/~seb/blog//2017/02/23/open-source-cad-cam-mc/
An open source CAD/CAM/MC toolchain
demo<http://highlab.com/~seb/blog//2017/02/23/open-source-cad-cam-mc/>
highlab.com
Occasional Public Thoughts.

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky

lists.sourceforge.net
This list is for users of the Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC). Topics include
how to obtain, install, configure, and use EMC, as well as other general EMC
related ...

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California