On 07/03/2017 09:48 AM, Les Newell wrote:
On 03/07/2017 12:57, Mark wrote:

Two axes, X and Z. I've got the Z set up kind of opposite the normal way, and use the top of the strip being cut offset from the table top as the point where the cutter depth is computed from. It was a bit of a pain in the arse to get it set that way and I'd rather not have to reinvent it again. ;-)

Mark

I see. So basically you have the axes swapped compared to how they would be in a lathe.

Les

It's setup was originally based on a mill. Z goes up and down, X traverses the length of the table.

Mark