Backlash compensation will not move the orthogonal axes in reference to the
compensated axis motion.
If you are having length problems during the motion of the Z axis then comp
could help.

My file shows the bidirectional compensation of LinuxCNC.

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 7:19 AM, Mark <wendt.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/30/2017 08:08 AM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen,
>>
>> Here is the comp file from the B axis of the blue cincinnati at MPM.
>> -32.0 .041 .045
>>
> <snippage>
>
>> 22.0 -.014 -.030
>>
>> I started the compensation two degrees past the travel on both ends so the
>> compensation would be applied (my intention anyway) for the entire travel
>> range.
>> I comped it every 1 degree. The increment could have been more or less I
>> just chose 1 degree and liked the results.
>>
>> As you can see the numbers are positive and negative but I don't remember
>> how the sign affected the compensation.
>>
>> Easy to figure out. Comp the machine and check it. If the error is twice
>> what you were trying to fix then you have the sign wrong. :)
>>
>> HTH
>> have fun
>> Stuart
>>

> Wonder if backlash comp could be used on the Z axis on my saw beveler to
> compensate for a long skinny table that is off by a few thou here and there
> over the entire length of the table?
>
> Mark

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.