On Thursday 20 July 2017 08:02:03 Trent Hejazi wrote:

> try to use the finest thread pitch you can tap for on the  cat head
> bolts. it will make centering the barrel easier.

For thread strength in 1/8" thick alu, I have 8 or 10mm in mind. At 10mm,
I may have room for the internal threading tool, and that removes the
tp/mm problem as I can make them at 50 tpi. But it would be a heck of a
lot faster just to use the 10mm tap(s) I have. If I have a 10x1 that
should be usable. My 10's are more than likely 1.25mm pitch.  Picky but
usable.  The cat head can use the same thread, but it will be steel.

And I guess I'd better get to it.

Thanks for the reminder Trent.

[...]