On Wednesday 02 August 2017 01:10:14 dave wrote:

>  From the dept of various information:
> https://www.parlec.com/Parlec/media/technical_specs/Tapping-Speeds-Tor
>que-Requirements.pdf?ext=.pdf
> http://www.tapmatic.com/tapping_questions_torque_setting_data_for_hss.
>ydev
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave. I've been looking for something like that for a long time.
I think I can translate this to metric close enough for the girls I go
with.

I expect the rpms needed for many taps and materials would rather handily
exceed the z drives ipm though. That, if useing G33.1 would make some
overtravel vs rpm charts to be cobbled up, very important for blind
holes...  I have some extra hal stuff I can watch with a halmeter, but
the data is in encoder edges and needs scaled into revolutions, then the
revolutions by the tpi so I'm seeing actual distance.

Its looking like I need to loadusr some math stuffs to make it translated
into travel distance before being peak detected and displayed.  IOW make
hal do math.  Sounds like a slower thread, similar to what I'm doing on
the lathe for the jog dials.  And probably done when that itch strikes
again...