Sebastian,

Which version introduced opposing motor gantry support? Was that 2.7, and
because I had 2.7 pre installed I inadvertently upgraded to 2.8 pre?

It is an RTAI build as I had the 7i43-small configuration working fine.

I will try what you say, I would just like confirmation that I am using the
version with gantry support, which I thought had been released.

Thanks,
Eric