All,

I installed linuxcnc 2.8.0-pre to Xubuntu 12.04, and was running for some time.
I seemed to have upgraded something I should not. The sim configurations
worked, but the default 7i43-small just locks up with no error message. Nothing
responds. Can only power off computer.

I tried apt-get remove of linuxcnc and then apt-get install, but following
that, even the sims do not work.

How do I completely remove 2.8.0-pre and install 2.8 released?

Thanks,
Eric