On 09/29/2017 10:56 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2017 11:58:30 you wrote:

So I think your best bet is to build linuxcnc from source, right on
your arm64 board.

I just uncommented the src line. But had to back it up to jessie to get
master-sim. And that /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin doesn't contain any
linuxcnc. Its not available as a deb I guess.

Yeah, there are no arm64 debs (of any distribution) available from the buildbot or from www.linuxcnc.org.

Instructions for building LinuxCNC from source are here:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

I should note that arm64 is not one of our supported platforms yet.

We support armhf (aka arm32) on Wheezy and Jessie, and we support other 64-bit platforms (amd64), and we support Stretch (on i386 and amd64), so there's a good possibility that LinuxCNC will build without drama on Stretch-arm64, but no guarantees! Let us know how it goes!

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky