On 09/29/2017 11:37 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2017 13:05:03 you wrote:

On 09/29/2017 10:56 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2017 11:58:30 you wrote:
So I think your best bet is to build linuxcnc from source, right on
your arm64 board.

I just uncommented the src line. But had to back it up to jessie to
get master-sim. And that /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin doesn't
contain any linuxcnc. Its not available as a deb I guess.

Yeah, there are no arm64 debs (of any distribution) available from the
buildbot or from www.linuxcnc.org.

Instructions for building LinuxCNC from source are here:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

./autogen.sh reports that autogen.conf is missing. Installed autogen
again, same error. dpkg-reconfigure autogen comes back silently in about
a second.  build-essential is installed.

Next?

I don't have autogen.conf on my Stretch machine, and my autogen.sh runs fine.

Did you follow the steps to satisfy build dependencies in the Building LinuxCNC doc I linked?

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html#Satisfying-Build-Dependencies

Are you running from the src/ directory of linuxcnc?

If all of that is right, please paste the exact commands you ran and the exact output they produced.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky