It has two I believe.

Rob posted this in a PM the other day.
"
Have you seen this http://www.machinekit.io/docs/drivers/hal_arm335xQEP/
or
http://www.machinekit.io/docs/man/man9/hal_pru_generic/

I was of the understanding that they both support quadrature encoders with
index. I have used the hal_arm335xQEP driver to read a MPG. I have done some
minimal testing and it works. Mind tho it is only with a handwheel so I haven't
tried it with index.  With HDMI eQEP2 is available.
Cheers
Rob
"

I don't recall why the people who ported MachineKit to the Beagle didn't make
the Lathe part work.

John