Pathpilot does not work out of the box. (Unless you have a tormach or a machine setup exactly like a tormach..)  If anything it is harder to configure than linuxcnc.  It isn't meant to be.  It is missing stuff that normal linuxcnc has.

There seems to be a very warped view of linuxcnc.  memories of olden days.  Linuxcnc is hard they say.   You have to know linux to run linuxcnc.   You have to be a programmer to use linuxcnc.   That hasn't been true for a long time.

Linuxcnc isn't that hard to setup.  You just have to invest a minimal amount of time to understand it.

and yes - single pulse threading does work with linuxcnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHKmcjoCyLg&t=50s

sam