On 10/13/2017 05:13 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
The desire for the Beagle with me was originally that with LinuxCNC and a
quadrature encoder on the spindle along with the hardware QEP handled by the
PRU we'd have an awesome little lathe controller.  Alas, that's the one thing
in MachineKit that hasn't been addressed yet.
The PRU code by Charles Steinkuehler definitely supports encoders, if you tell it to instantiate one or more. I don't know the particulars, but they are in the PRU code. You might send Charles a message, he is VERY helpful. Once the encoder is instantiated, it is just a matter of hooking the right hal pins to the pins exported by the PRU driver.

Jon