On Tuesday 24 October 2017 04:45:14 andy pugh wrote:

> On 24 October 2017 at 02:06, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > So does anyone here have a working spindle "net" stanza that runs it
> > in velocity mode via a PDM signal? One you can post?
>
> The type of spindle and how it is controlled has absolutely no bearing
> on how you do this.
>
> You just need to check that motion.spindle-speed-out-rps is "near"
> hm2_5i25.0.encoder.NN.velocity

Correct, except encoder.nn.velocity is fed thru a last 4 edges averager
to remove some of the noise in the encoders output. That unforch also
affects the spindle to Z phaseing in the G33.1 backout. With a long peck
cycle count, the threads get a bit schloppy. I may take that back out
but the the gear backlash in the head gets noisy when fed straight thru.
Very poor quality gears and bearings in the head of this mill. I need to
take it apart and replace all the bearings with decently precise
bearings. These ain't them. Roller skate stuff from vfx I suspect.