On 24 October 2017 at 12:10, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> Correct, except encoder.nn.velocity is fed thru a last 4 edges averager
> to remove some of the noise in the encoders output. That unforch also
> affects the spindle to Z phaseing in the G33.1 backout.

You might want to filter the velociity, but I see no point in
filtering the position, which is what G33.1 uses

You could also try using the DPLL timer to take jitter out of your
encoder sampling. That's a pretty simple setting with the right
firmware (one that ends in "D" for DPLL)

--
atp
lunatics."