On 11/30/2017 11:37 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On 30 November 2017 at 17:20, Ed <ate...@mwt.net> wrote:

Is there a VFD that works with a PM motor rather than a squirrel cage type?
Need spindle orientation also, the motor has an encoder.
You need a servo motor driver, really. I would imagine that this is a
synchronous motor, and VFDs only really work on asynchronous motors.
(Though there are drives that can do both, Control Techniques Unidrive
for example.

Some idea of working voltage and working power would help?

It appears to be 200V and about 7.5KW rated for 6000RPM, I don't know the pole count. The encoder sends out A B and Z

Ed.