On Monday 29 January 2018 00:33:03 Greg Bernard wrote:

> Good description, Gene. Have you ever considered makin' one of them
> new-fangled u-tube videos of your adventures?

Yes, but then I think better of it. My place doesn't have the real-
estate  Kieth Rucker or Joe Pi has, its more like a midden heap than a
shop and I'm not the cleanest worker. Right now the floor has had about
a kilobucks worth of mahogany I've been walking on for nearly 2 years,
seasoning so the when I do start cutting the lids for some blanket
chests I've promised the boys, and when I get this working, I'll throw a
tarp over it to keep the sawdust at bay, while I finish 3 more of those.
I have the rest of the parts cut, doing much of that wood machining on
the G0704 milling machine and have one 80% assembled, but the mahogany I
had was so warped and was kiln dried. So the lignin was set and could
not be pulled straight again. I raised a bit of hell where I bought it
by taking the first lid into their showroom and let it rock on two
corners while the 4th one had 4" of air under it. Yeah, warped that bad.

They finally found me some that while it was kiln dried, was at least
flat, then the son of the owner wanted to charge me for it again.
Needless to say that got fixed too. Come warmer weather where I can load
up my trash trailer, I'll lighten the garage floor about 1500 lbs to
make room for the furniture and get that done. Then, the missus might
die (COPD), but I hope not, leaving me free to head west of the Missouri
and deliver them. But I can't do that as long as I have to care for her.
She fell and broke a hip just 2 weeks shy of a year ago, and of course
that was fixed, but she hasn't the wind to do the rehab stuff needed to
get going again.  So I'm doing the cooking etc in between all this.

That, and my camera isn't up to you tubes hidef sharpness, so thats
reason 2.

But thanks for the flowers, Greg, they are appreciated.