On Tuesday 13 February 2018 08:14:28 theman whosoldtheworld wrote:

> PM series response time: Under light received condition: 20 μs or less
> (as write on my first reply, first row) ..... not fast enought??

I would say it is. But whats its recovery time if the part is moving
away? IOW, if sensing gear teeth, how fast can it repeat? The ats-667's
I used 3 of in the Sheldon seem plenty fast, but they are only looking
at a 60 tooth gear thats hard put to get to 1600 revs, under 500 in 99%
of the cases, so I'm am not asking them for much compared to the omron
on the G0704's motor. The ats667 seems to be about ideal for a gear
whose teeth are nominally 1/8" thick. How it would perform on a gear
whose teeth were only 1/16th inch thick is TBD. Perhaps they make one
for higher pitched gears too. IDK. IIRC the ats is around a 4
microsecond response time, but it also costs 6x more, which makes this a
more attractive solution.  Certainly worth playing with to see.