This mail has been sent to sourceforge this morning and was returned without reason. Therefore, I forward this to your own mail address. P.

Andy, better keep fingers off that sort of thread (Panzergewinde, Sta-Pa-Rohrgewinde). It was widely used, but only for unimportant purposes (like protecting cables dangling form the ceiling to a machine). The cutters had square outer outline and nobody had holders for them, so they used monkey wrenches and pliers to turn them! Besides, the norm says that the thread is cut only part way into the pipe wall so that they are flat outside, having no sharp tips and little holding power. The threads may also be hard to catch at mounting time, standing on a ladder below the ceiling. And the pipes were rolled and seam welded, leaving a sharp burr inside that might cut cable insulation. This whole stuff is only for dirty purpose and no good craftsmanship. I used up my last pipes to make handles for alu pouring equipment because they will fit plastic bicycle handles.

Peter