There are some other reference documents out there.
https://www.can-cia.org/fileadmin/resources/documents/proceedings/2005_rosta
n.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EtherCAT

However, one probably has to first decide why they even want it.  Most of
the CANopen devices out there are CAN bus based.  A few higher end units
support EtherCat.

Something like a tool changer is an ideal candidate for a CANopen control
system.  Kept modular it could be as simple as handling the request to load
a tool and a reply that the tool is loaded along with the offset off the
tool.

Interfaced in this manner the tool changer becomes a black box.  The CNC
system doesn't need to know how many motors, switches or other items are
part of the system.  Whether it's a EtherCat Bridge to CANopen or just a USB
to CAN dongle, the ultimate CANopen messages remain the same.

So what solution are you looking for that CANopen over Ethernet is a choice?

John Dammeyer