On Saturday 01 December 2018 10:17:29 Roland Jollivet wrote:

> I've been thinking about how to implement a touch screen of sorts on a
> 19" monitor. The TFT displays are too expensive for their size.
>
> Then I came across this;
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aOYc_GKTHQ
>
> Very interesting, and with more scanners and LED's it could be very
> usable! Next is to explore how easy it is to drive them..

With the ccd bars from a fairly modern scanner, you would have both in a
unit but working with white light, not ir, and since both are in the
same bar, one could theoreticly multiplex them for even better accuracy.
But even the bars out of my brother mfc-j6920dw, would only give you 11"
of active area, and I'm sure the white light would be a distraction in
use, so one would have to make 2 bars of ir emitters, which could be
made longer increasing the size of the working field at the expense of
poor accuracy in the corners. 2 ccd bars end to end would solve that,
giving 22" or more of scanable area vertically. How much $ would you
have in getting those parts from brother?